Ah, what a great question. As you know, I wrote a book in ten days. It almost drove me mad, totally fine with it. I let it sit in all its first draft glory and decided that it was worth fixing. So I queued up my music and got to typing again.
So, what is it about?
Here are some quotes of things I have written during my first round rewrite:
- “M’lady, my best friend and I are in need of a third to join our quest through senior year history. Would you be so kind as to take a plunge into the depths of mediocrity with us?”
- “You’re kind of a badass.”
“I just march to the beat of my own drum.” She offered me her loose headphone and handed me her iPod.
Blink-182. She’s Out Of Her Mind.
I looked back up at her and she just laughed and winked at me.
- “My favorite rumor is that you made a deal with the devil and lost your soul so you could be good at volleyball.”
- “You know, your house doesn’t have doorknobs.”
- “Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!”
- “How dare you disrespect your husband with that hair, young lady. You should be ashamed.”
Good luck figuring it out.